High level- improve and ensure the efficient delivery component of the CIP potato breeding pipeline using the Lima-SSA axis as a case (also linked to Kenya National Potato Task Force Plan)
- Benchmark field in Peru) standard documentation for exchange; includes fingerprinting, georeferencing, characterization (descriptors) link to breeding database).
- In vitro introduction in Peru (health testing; data basing of fingerprint with RIU).
- Phyto and quarantine in receiving country.
- In vitro maintenance (Genebank Lima).
- In Vitro maintenance (target country or region). Kenya, Malawi, Angola, (Ethiopia) taking advantage of current projects in countries or CFC. Information management to share database of holdings, linked to descriptive data.
- Minitubers. Kenya, others? Includes diagnostics and health testing.
- Benchmark field in ...Kenya) standard documentation for exchange; includes fingerprinting, georeferencing). Additional and complementary documentation to that in Lima.
- Minimum dataset available on line.
- Printed catalog/CD's.
Draft checklist of internal registry of new (breeding) materials
The sequence is intended to move from one step to the other only after completion or in sync with the previous step.
- confirmation of availability under IT by material provider (reasoning); document with ADU.
- deposit of plant materials (tubers, in-vitro, seeds, ...) with genebank.
- deposit of all public data:
- passport data according to MCPD standard with corporate database.
- characterization data according to relevant official descriptor list with corporate database.
- published evaluation data with corporate database according to relevant standards.
- fotos according to institutional standards with corporate database.
- double check of completeness and compliance of information with formal data specifications (by data curator).
- double check of consistency of information and fitness for use (quality) by an independent (not the provider) internal expert in the field (e.g. potato curator for potato breeding materials; breeder for new collected/donated accessions).
- start priority lane for elite materials to reach HS2 status in genebank.
- estimate time to reach HS2.
- registry of new germplasm with International Treaty/SINGER.
- release of accessions for listing in catalog and ordering system at time of availability.
- produce a standard catalog of this new batch.